[ SHOWGSD-L ] WY through the world<<<THE MONTHLY LEGISLATION REPORT

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:19:43 EDT

WYOMING Home page: <http://legisweb.state.wy.us/>
http://legisweb.state.wy.us/
Cheyenne - City Councilís Public Service Committee voted 2-1 Tuesday (3/04)
in favor of tighter and stiffer penalties for owners of badly behaving pets.
The ordinance would do away with the minimum requirement of ìbreaking the
skin constitute an attack -- meaning fines, possible impoundment, and
going before a municipal judge. The ordinance moves to the full council.

COUNTRIES - OF OTHER INTEREST

PORTUGAL - ATTENTION ROTTWEILERS !!!! URGENT !! ASSISTANCE NEEDED FOR
PORTUGAL !! PLEASE HELP !!!

Dear Rottweiler Friends,

Received the following e-mail from some Rottweiler friends concerning the
URGENT situation in Portugal:

"We are at this moment, with a very big problem in our country.

Yesterday we received the information that our government is trying to
approve one law, that forbids the breeding and the importation of our breed
and also castrate all of the Rottweilers in our country.

This decision should be taken during next week.

Please help us to save our breed by sending us articles, pictures, any
information of Rottweilers doing ALL THE GOOD THINGS THEY DO! Saving people,
helping people, K9 Police dogs, Search and Rescue Dogs, Registered Therapy
Dogs, pictures of dogs with children, babies, families. Please forward them
to us and we will make sure they get in the hands of those who will make
this decision.

We need all your help with this situation! Please send us those information
and all that could help us as soon as possible."

People from all over the world are involved because we have one thing in
common-- our LOVE for ROTTWEILERS.

Email <mailto:doginfo%40vonevmans.com> doginfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with your
articles, pictures, stories, etc. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Please help!

Australia

Litchfield Shire - Council president has identified fencing and enforcement
as potential difficulties with new dog by-laws. The Council will bring in
by-laws immediately.

Korea

Seoul - passed an ordinance making microchipping of all pets mandatory.
Passed 02/20/08

Switzerland

Geneva - Genevans are being asked to vote Sunday on a law outlawing
so-called ìdangerousg breeds. The initiative also requires owners of all
large dogs to get a permit - not just for their canines, but for themselves
as well.

bsl[1]Judy RDOWS

RDOWS, Assistant to the Chair, Director at Large:
rdowsdirectoratlarge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

UAOA, Assistant to the Chair: Judy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Director:
RDOG-GA

BSLWorkshop, Vice President: BSLWorkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BTCA Legislative Liaison, Chair: chevalierbts@xxxxxxxxx

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL
Home.