[ SHOWGSD-L ] WDA & GSDCA

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 08:09:37 -0800 (PST)

First off, thank you Frank for the information you provided to the membership
regarding this situation.  It's no secret that this "relationship" has been
shaky for quite some time now, and it seems now it's come to a breaking point.

There have been numerous well thought out and written posts, hopefully some
will forward their thoughts directly to the Board members since not all are on
this list to read them.

Two posts that I think summed up the situation quite well were Carolyn & Dave's
posts.  I have often wondered why the GSDCA really cares about the World Union
Seat, which we only get 1/2 vote as it is, the other 1/2 vote is USA
Schutzhund, so in essense, we don't even have 1 Seat as it is.  I re-iterate
with Dave Fritsche's post, why, as an AKC conformation breed club, do we really
care what happens on the World level?  The SV will always have 51% of the vote,
so what ever one wants to think, our little 1/2 vote means diddly.  Truth be
told, the World Standard does not like our AKC style show dogs anyway, so it
seems to me that the GSDCA supporting an organization that does not accept or
approve of our "purpose" and mission statement is like beating a dead horse.

Personally, I like the sport of Schutzhund, appreciate the dogs and people that
are committed to that sport and venue, but feel that we, the GSDCA, really
don't need to be involved in that aspect or decision making.  When the WDA was
initially formed, the GSDCA was the umbrella for them to exist, now, that that
is not a necessity any longer, I feel it's time to get out of "their" business
and let them either sink or swim.  It seems to me that they have been somewhat
of a rogue organization for quite some time now, not issuing membership
information, financial records and going against by-laws, and really being
allowed to get away with this for quite some time now by the GSDCA.  If we did
that with AKC, we would loose our AKC privileges as a club, since we have to
adhere to AKC rules.  The same I would think should happen to the WDA, since
they are, at this point, still operating under the umbrella of the GSDCA.

Lawsuits are never good for an organization, I certainly hope this can be
worked out and then hopefully let them exist without our purse string attached.
Chris

Chris S. Kimerer
Hillside-Tanbark Kennels     http://www.tanbarkgsd.com/
            "where good bloodlines never die"