[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Veterens

  • From: Luanne Crinklaw <silvermoongsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:55:02 -0800 (PST)

I just loved that story and it is so true. When the old guys and gals are in
the ring they deserve our appreciation as yes it might be thier last time. I
know a few years back I took my veteran into the ring at a match. She hadn't
been in the ring in quite a few years, but the minute she got out of the car
she knew what she was there for and got all pumped up. Every one there was glad
to see her and applauded for her even though mom had trouble keping up with
her. The judge awarded her Best Adult in Match and she got a medal and a small
crystal bowl. But the best part for me was the smile on her face ( yes she was
smiling ) and the satisfaction of knowing she could still wow them. She is gone
now but the memory and picture of that day is etched forever in my mind.

Luanne Crinklaw
Silvermoon German Shepherds
Mesa, AZ
Home of Chenoa's Kindred Spirit 12 pts 1 major, and Chenoa's Great Adventure
C.G.C.,Herding Instinct Tested ( waiting at the bridge )
Signer Breeder's Code of Ethics