[ SHOWGSD-L ] Valejo California Futurity

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 21:41:02 EDT

This is the first post.

We got here after 7 1/2 hours on the road. It was a good drive, but with
two more hours we could have gone to Utah for the national.  We would have
been a bit early, however.

We went over to the show location, the fair grounds. It is a great
location. They have  ring set up for us it is 100 by 50. I counted 15 tents
the
club set up for us, and a white sheet along one side of the ring. The grass
is mowed, and it is a perfect location and set-up for the Futurity.

There are two shows on Saturday and Sunday, but they are all breeds.
Clearly with specialty judges, and our own ring, it is going to be  interesting

There are entries of over 60 each day, and the only bad thing  is the
times.  On Saturday we start at 1:45, and on Sunday at 10:45. So,  the drive
home
is going to take a bit longer than I like.

Karen and Bret are having a party one night, so that should help, but I
don't remember having a Futurity with an all-breed show.  It seems to have
worked as far as entry, and certainly the set-up is fantastic, but I don't
know  what the finances will do for the club?

Tomorrow is going to be interesting, and see who flew in for the  shows.
Maybe a few superstars?

Isn't that what we always hope for?

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds