[ SHOWGSD-L ] Utah!... Very Long..but entertaining

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 09:00:59 -0700 (PDT)

        I've been to Utah so many times during the past 10 years I think my
wife believes I have a wife there ( actually I have three...Karen ,Connie, and
Anna)...Please make your plans to come to the 2010 National in Farmington Utah,
about twenty minutes North of Salt Lake City airport off Highway 15.
Yesterday's Mid-Pacific futurity was held at the site grounds of next year's
National, but more about the show later. I left school early Friday to catch a
flight with Basu from Oakland to Salt lake City. Well we ran into Art Sinclair
at the airport who was traveling on our same flight!...Needless to say this was
a great flight listening to their stories about their past experiences in
general and the Denver National in specific where both men went GV and GVX, Art
with Army and Bill with Bo...these two men are special to me not only because
they are the only two men to put points on my only champion, but they are my
friends (I still miss Art's late
 wife Linda and one day I plan to marry Basu's wife)...I knew this was going to
be a great trip!...Our hotel ( about 7 miles north of  the show site in Layton)
was without a doubt the best hotel I have ever been in that accepts dogs and
Canadians...it was called the Towneplace Suites by Marriott (
801-779-2422)....it was a two bedroom suite complete with a queen bed in each
room with a large flat panel TV ( no listening to Basu howling at the moon at 3
A.M. in the morning, the man is part werewolf)..the living room area also had a
couch two chairs and a desk, a small kitchen with stove, refridge and
microwave..did I mention THEY TAKE DOGS!....what did we pay?.....123 bucks a
night or about 65 bucks each with tax!..needless to say where I will be staying
next year!...and if that's not enough there were about 6 hotels within walking
distance of the one I stayed at..the Court Yard by Marriott, Fair field inn,
The Hampton Inn, Comfort suites, and a couple
 more whose names escape me right now. Plenty of places to eat near by...it
will be a great National...wish I had a dog to show ( any one who wants to
DONATE a good one call me..lol)....which brings me to my next point...a few
weeks ago I said I had basically no success in this sport/ hobby but I did meet
some great people along
the way...Mr. Ginsburg responded to my post in disagreement stating that if I
meet some friends along the way my efforts in this sport/hobby were NOT
unsuccessful!.He was right..many of these local Utah folks I have known for
over ten years! Tedi Ginsburg finished my only Champion in Utah!...and to top
it all off, my very good friends Tedi and Evan won the Maturity! with Basu on
the other end of the lead!...it just doesn't get better than that!...life is
good...oh yeah...the Judge....Ms. Pam S. ...never met her before
yesterday...charming beautiful woman!...excellent job...she judged dogs and
nothing else seemed to matter to her!...time to got to church!...FB