[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Upcoming judge/ Judges Judging..

  • From: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx
  • To: pruett@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:38:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/2005 11:58:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pruett@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>  If we don't support clubs - whether we like the judge
> in a particular year or not - our specialty clubs will die.

Laurie that would be AWFUL... what a terrible thing to happen to a club.

 i know i am a little person in this big world    , but every single time
someone is talking about judges or handlers and entries down and all that...
no
one is doing any thing about it.  Is it the AKC's fault for letting judges
just do what they feel?   Is it the fault of the rich and powerful who have the
money to bully everyone?  Is it the fault of us that just let this happen
because we feel "there is nothing we can do"?   We should not give any one the
power to hurt this awesome breed.   By accepting the behavior of these judges,
we
are letting them bring the breed down, is that what everyone wants to do?

We do not have to accept bad behavior and bad people judging and handling!
How can we, that love our dogs, fall weak to inexcusable judging practices???
Not referring to the FL issue, just " bad judging" in general.  Of course
those who are "winning' are not going to agree with all this... they will find
ways to manipulate the statements and accusations by means of saying folks are
bad losers, or their dogs just arent good and that they feel folks are jealous
etc...

Really, who feels brave enough to stand up and share how they feel they can
help promote positive judging methods?    I really dont have enough years in
this to know about all that bad things going on and havent really viewed it
first hand but i hear about it....  i do have a right though to expect better
for
my dogs and their future in this venue.    And i do have a right to express my
concern because i am the next generation after our great ones of this time
have retired.

Regards,
Dawnmarie