[ SHOWGSD-L ] US Air, The National, and Popeye the Sailor Man

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:49:12 -0700 (PDT)

I received an e-mail from our National show chairman as I assume every one else
has as well, I have not been receiving list mail for the past two months,( and
I will continue not to receive any) so I will also assume  the topic of US Air
and their decision about transporting dogs is being fully discussed,...many
months ago I expressed my very unpopular opinion ( most of my opinions are
unpopular) about our National being held at the same location at the same time
of the year in the middle of the country EVERY YEAR.....the day is coming when
there will be only a very  few airlines that will fly dogs...short of some kind
of federal law requiring airlines to fly our dogs..attending a National with
dogs will be for folks that drive only...My Canadian sisters and brothers
already basically do their National at the same place and at the same time
every year....will we ever do this?....no way...we want to be fair to
everyone...and we look too closely at our own self interest...self
 interest
 is one of the biggest things wrong with this sport, but thats another
subject...so it is my guess that the members will continue to fight over where
to have the National, the board will continue to fly all over the country ( at
club expense) looking and checking out locations, and we will continue to
struggle to get our dogs there......which reminds me of the definition of one
of my favorite words..."insanity".....which means...."doing the same thing over
and over and expecting something different to happen"..and to answer the
question that many have asked....where am I?...why have I not posted?...well
before I answer.... first let me say I love this list...I wrote an article
about the list that may or may not be published in the Review.....Popeye, one
of my favorite cartoon characters had a saying that he would repeat almost
every time before he ate his spinach which preceded Brutis getting his %$#@
kicked...."thats all I can stand, cuz I can't stand no more"......see ya in
  a few
 months......maybe......alive and doing well...thank God for Nanci