[ SHOWGSD-L ] Trail of Tears

  • From: Robert Freeny <rfreeny@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 18:28:36 -0700 (PDT)

I have a feeling this year will truly be the trail of tears. First, Clint, now
our beloved Ch. Yoncallas's Harmony v Backacher. When she was four, we managed
to keep  her with life-saving surgery, so we had over 6 more good years with
her, but no surgery would save her this time. She just turned 11 in March, She
was our matriach, beloved by all who knew her and all the other dogs knew she
had a special place not only in our lives, but theirs. She had her one and only
litter of two at the age of 8 1/2 and has a daughter who looks just like her.
She had a good and wonderful life and moments we will never forget. We still
have a 13 year old champion, and a 10 year old champion and know their time is
probably near. This breeding of these wonderful creatures has its magic
moments, and moments like this that just  plain suck.

Bob