[ SHOWGSD-L ] Times are rough everywhere

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:42:00 EDT

vande001@xxxxxxxxx writes:

it  totally sucks!  I have been excitedly planning my fairly short trip to
St. Loius.....now my vacation to NASS won't happen.  Wonder when we would
have been told?  Trip to UT for the national is out of the question as
well.

I am confused. I thought the WDA was an extension and supported by the
GSDCA?  If that is correct, how can they sponsor an event that conflicts  with
the GSDCA National?

I have heard for years that the WDA wants to be independent, and maybe it
happened and we did not know about it. If the WDA remains an adjunct of the
GSDCA they should not be holding events in conflict with the GSDCA
National.

While I am on a rant, (and while I am avoiding the law business), I noted
the information about the Canadian Kennel Club and the response by the AKC
that  they were looking for ways to help. Included was the information that
the AKC  was setting a large reserve to protect the AKC. I commend them on
that.

It made me think, (always a dangerous thing), how important it is that the
GSDCA run a prudent financial practice. I know that Ken Downing has
continued to  watch over the budget, and Nadine Grady is working as our
treasurer.
That  gives me great faith in our organization, and know they are working
to protect  our finances.  At the same time I believe our accountant firm is
holding an  audit for years past to make sure all proper proceedures were
followed.

We need to stand behind our club, and our leaders. This is a very difficult
 time for finances. Both for those of us trying to support our families;
and our  club, trying to protect our breed. We might have to find ways to cut
expenses,  (as opposed to raising costs), as is being done everywhere, from
the AKC to our  government.

I want to offer my thanks to Ken, Nadine and Tish for the hard work they
are doing, and to our board for the support and hard work to make the
difficult  decision necessary to protect our club, our breed and our
membership.

We don't say so often enough, but I know we all realize the work being
done.  We should all say so now and then, and be ready to back them up if
asked.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/