[ SHOWGSD-L ] Time time to review

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:44:56 -0800

> Only right now any kind of member looks pretty good.
> Carol

Funny story... Alycia just recruited a new member.

4 years ago - call from some pet people. Saw my name on GSDCA web site and
looking for a pet puppy. I made some phone calls then gave them a list of
people who had puppies. Never heard from them again.

5 month ago- they called asking if I would come evaluate their puppies.  Now
I am concerned. They wanted a pet, they bred their pet and they want my
approval of the puppies - UGHHH!

Went and saw the puppies, not bad for back yard breeders with no clue. How
do you evaluate these tiny little things?

6 weeks later, another call - will I come again and evaluate again. I did,
took Alycia with me. Now the puppies are moving and, I ask who they bred to,
expecting before this that it was probably Prince, down the street. But
these puppies were not what I expected at all. Nice! They said they bred to
some dog over the mountain, some black dog. I looked over the pedigree on
their "pet" bitch and, well, not bad at all. Then I looked at the young all
black male again. They could not remember the name of the people who had the
stud or the dogs name, So I told them, - His name is Cash and he is a GV
Boss son, and GVX Orchid Sire and the people are named Martello with
Marhaven German Shepherds. The lady came alive saying, "Yes, that's them and
that's the dog!"

They had some pet people looking at this boy and we explained that he was
not going to a pet home - he was coming home with us. Oh, and to nominate
him for the futurity you have to be a member - So, she joined.

So Alycia recruited a new member and all it cost us was the price of a pet
puppy from a backyard breeder. The thing we do for new members. Is he worth
showing? We're going to find out.

Dave