[ SHOWGSD-L ] This list

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 06:54:08 -0800 (PST)

It's my guess that almost every one on this list is going through something
that is troubling in their life, either sickness, or a sick family member,or a
financial issue, or divorce, or problems with minor or adult kids or something,
and the folks who aren't going through anything right now certainly have in the
past and most likely will in the future...I look at life sort of like riding on
an airplane ...sometimes the ride is smooth and there is no need for the seat
belt...and sometimes the ride is a little bumpy with a bit of turbulence...and
then there are times the ride is extremely turbulent and you just don't know if
you're going to make it...but almost always the ride smooths out again and life
is back to being smooth again.... I like to use this list as my "seat belt"
when things are turbulent with my plane ride ( which is often) I get to talk to
900 people minus a few that set me to delete...I get to escape the "turbulence"
and listen and learn from others about thi
 s common
 "sport" of ours...and even though the list gets angry at times and certain
subjects or events turn into small wars this does not usually last very
long...I know what you're thinking, you're thinking where is this guy going
with this...well I'll tell ya...this post is really a "thank you" to all my
list brothers and sisters who I have leaned on for silent support for the past
four and a half years while attending San Jose State University in an attempt
to obtain a California teaching credential....no one ever does anything
significantly important by them-selves...tomorrow if and when I wake up, I will
have that teaching credential...I will share a little secret with you....I was
never really sure I could do it...thanks to you folks and a few others I made
it!...now if I can ever learn to spell....Ed Hill