[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: "The good ole days"

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx, The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:45:44 -0800 (PST)

I was around in the early 70's and while I like the cluster shows of today, I
miss the nearly constant matches.  Every weekend somewhere within 100 miles
there was a match, some were all breeds and some were specialty but there was
always a match.

  Now I am praying that my request is taken with love and I can get space at a
school where one of the assistant principles is a very popular judge and Rottie
breeder who has matches at the school she works at.

  Cross your fingers.  I need a match!!!!
  sheila
Penny & Bill <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Remember when dog shows used to be 2 or three days MAX and each day was a
different kennel club AND there weren't shows every weekend (unless you wanted
to drive!)...

Those were the good old days!

Jess Mac
I respectfully disagree: THESE are the good old days: where else can you see
treasured friends (and dogs) for 4-5 days at a time than at these clustered
shows? Where else can you have the chance of getting a major and sharing the
fun with those same people? Where else can you shop at great doggy vendors ?
I've only been around since the mid 70s, but I wouldn't trade now for then--no
way, no how.
Penny in NY

http://mail.yahoo.com