[ SHOWGSD-L ] The end of the year 2005' (a memorial tribute)

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:38:19 -0500

The end of the year 2005'

(a memorial tribute)

by

Barbara J. Galasso

Well just another week and a half left of this year 2005' and we thought
we'd sneak by without you giving anymore notice to any of us.  To some a
very good year, and to others it was not.   A new Grand Victor and Grand
Victrix was crowned, another National Specialty we were anticipating and
looking forward to all year came and went. Pictures taken as the dogs
stand impatiently waiting to finally be released to their owners.
Ribbons and trophies are handed out to the winners.  Congratulations can
be heard among the breeders and spectators.  Good sportsmanship extended
to one another for those who choose to listen.  Grooming tables taken
down and tack boxes closed up and put in the van.

Memories were made with new friends and old.  Much laughter and tears
were shared among our peers.   We all went home with new stories to
tell.  "See you next year," we say as we wave out the windows and
quickly drive away.  New hopes and visions dance in our heads of the
next National we're already planning before we're even home from this one.

We return home and life settles back to normal and we go on with our
everyday duties like usual.  The holidays are upon us now.   Life is
hectic this time of year as we're challenged to look for a parking spot,
or cut off in traffic by an impatient driver.  Long lines are formed in
the stores by 8 am, and you wonder if all of this planning and running
from one store to the next will really matter as little Johnny rips the
wrapping paper from his gift and say's "oh mom, this is not the one I
wanted."  You reach in your pocketbook to find an Advil for you feel the
beginning of a tension headache coming on.  All this rushing, and
running, nerves on end and for what you wonder.  It's all over so fast.

Yes, it's all over so fast.  We really did think we could sneak by
without anyone noticing us again.  The year is almost finished.  So many
good byes to so many friends this year.  We thought it was over.  It was
done.  "We already lost so many," we say.  We just did a memorial
tribute in their honor at the National, didn't we?    No more added to
the list we pray.  No more added to the list.  Can't we get out of this
year without adding anymore to the list?   But it was not to be.  "No,
not my loved one," we cry.  But someone had something else in mind.  And
no amount of pleading or tears on our part, would change what destiny
already had planned from the time they were born.

So Mary and Tom (and wasn't there another Tom too), were added to the
book of eternal life.  Your stories were already told while here on
earth  You touched peoples lives and your presence will be in their
hearts forever.  Your contributions already made.  Your loved ones
shared your earthly life, but were never meant to keep you here
forever.  They were just meant to hold you for a little while and then
release you and let you go.  Your only purpose while on this earth was
to love and teach this to others.  But all their love could never ease
you of your sorrows.  That is when I stepped in to give you the greatest
love of all.  Freedom from pain.  So forgive me folks for doing my job
for man was never meant to be on earth for too long.  So when all hope
is lost, please be kind and step aside, for I love them more you see.
I'm taking them back home where they belong, and some day you'll knock
upon heavens door too so you can join them and me.