[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The National

  • From: Channing Sheets <cashe90@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 03:42:18 +0000

Trying to take an objective view which I find difficult after the national has
been in the same location for the last couple years. The bottom line is
accessibility. Terry Cochran referred to the rotation of the national to make
it more accessible to those who would like to for many reasons.
1. Maybe they are elderly and can't travel far but would still like to
participate
2. Maybe they are working stiffs that can't afford to add a week and a half
onto their trip to drive cross country
3. Maybe they are actual breeders like myself that would like to exhibit but
they can't get multiple dogs on a plane
4. etc etc etc

There are a laundry list of reasons why we should consider rotating the
national. I feel like all our energy is directed towards entertaining
spectators. Like Nancy Harper said if accessibility is the major issue
consider sites first that are within a couple hours of a major airport. I
thought that was an excellent idea. I would prefer to continue to see a
rotation, but if for whatever reason the parent club decides behind close doors
that they want to keep a "central" location for the rest of eternity I
encourage most of you to stop attending. Let them have a national in the
center of the country. For those of you living on the west coast remember
having a Pacific coast victor and victrix we can go back to having our own
regional competition. If is a matter of seeing what lines are producing and
which dogs are available for breeding buy a copy of the national video instead
it will save you thousands of dollars. And just maybe one day when each class
has an entry of 5 or 6 and they are losing lots of money someone will change
their mind.

Channing