[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The "List" and The "Board"...long

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:36:46 EDT

In a message dated 7/29/2007 9:53:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
as  for board members being forbidden to speak on this or any other list,
well I don't have any information confirming that, but I did speak to  one
board
member who re-affirmed three things... first the List is not a  part of the
GSDCA and second there are folks on this list who are NOT  CLUB MEMBERS...and
third many times topics and information spoken about  on the list gets twisted,
misinterpreted...all three points  well
taken....ending this long post The Board is now considering  having it's own
GSDCA "list" for club members

Frankly I am amused by this. I find the same members who vehemently  speak
against the list as those that used it for their own purposes in the  past.
And
as someone pointed out, no information tends to feed  rumors.
As for  a GSDCA list only, Ileana started one for members  and put a lot of
work into setting it up - no one uses it.   As  to non members reading
something about the club - well folks its not  as though we are planning
strategy to
overturn the free world.  What  would the plan be to control people from still
talking on "the list"?  Throwing you out of the club for such a breach?  Most
of us would be  hard pressed to be told what we can talk about and where.
The list has been around for a long term now and good or bad,  information is
the highway.
The list can be like a spoiled child at times, a helping hand, a good  friend
to comfort you in sorrow and a provocative place to keep your  mind informed
and active.
If my data is right, we have gone from around 6000 GSDCA members 9-10  years
ago to around 2000 now.  I don't think the list has caused  that.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC  of Beaumont, Life member CKC
"Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember that a lone amateur
built the Ark. A large group of  professionals built the  Titanic"