[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Board Meeting / some questions

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'showgsd-l@freelists org'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:01:14 -0700

We love the Reno Events Center!

* It is large enough and more.

* It has auxiliary buildings for anything and everything.

* It had plenty of parking.

* It has RV hookups right next to the buildings.

* It has a rodeo arena in case we have a lot of really big dogs.

* It is close to lots of hotels and restaurants.

* The weather in Reno is great and the entertainment grand.

* This is the perfect place for the nationals….

Except….

You can’t get her from there! Can’t.

The airport does not accommodate 747’s or larger airplanes unless ‘what’s his
face’ want to fly Airforce#1 into town. It is not a hub for anything except
divorce of course.

We’ve tried to get to nationals from Reno and it will not work. You can take a
prop-jet from here to Seattle then to major hubs, but the little prop-jets
can’t take a create of any size.

We always have to drive to San Francisco or Sacramento to get to a national.

I love Reno and I love this facility but I vote NO! We’d lose half the entry
and the rest would be upset once they tried it.

Stick to the hubs. I think we should stick to the hubs. Maybe we should
consider sticking to the hubs. As Carolyn Martello says, stick to the hubs.
Wisdom dictates that we stick to the hubs. My point is….

Dave

Truth be told the Reno club doesn't even have it's show in Reno! They have it
in Sacramento! Why are we talking about Reno? I hate you Penny K! FB

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

---