[ SHOWGSD-L ] Talents and Blessings

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:17:44 -0500

I had a wonderful time at the National.  Enjoyed watching the judging,
enjoyed talking to old and new friends, touching and playing with the
dogs, cheering friends on and was impressed by being surrounded by some
of the top dogs in our breed.  But what I wasn't impressed with was some
of the vicious gossip I heard and continue to hear.  How sad for those
few who truly miss out on the beauty in the world.  It truly pains my
heart to hear people talk so negatively about one another.  Life is
short and it's getting shorter.  Love one another.  We've lost many
great people this past year and more are to come and even you and I
don't know if tomorrow belongs to us yet.  Bless you all.

Talents and Blessings

                                        by

Barbara J. Galasso

You told me you bred over 150 champions and you have a great eye to pick
out a top dog.  You've judged over 300 shows in your life time.  Your
dogs are sold in all parts of the world and have had all sorts of
obedience titles.  They've helped rescue life's in the hurricanes and
911.  They've given laughter and hope to those who find their lifes
ending in Nursing Homes.  They visit the hospitals where the children
with cancer wait out their lonely days.  Great dogs you've bred.  Talent
you tell everyone?!............no blessings I will tell you.  Talents
had nothing to do with it.  You have no more talent than your fellow
man.  You were just given more blessings to do a job that I had set
before you.

When you meet me and oh, yes you can be sure you will, I will not be
impressed with your 150 champions and obedience dogs.  I will not be
impressed with your judging assignments.  I will not be impressed with
all your show winning photos or the books that were written about you.
Impress me when you come to me with all the peoples life's you have
touched with your kindness, your charity, your humbleness.  Tell me of
the kind words you had to say about your fellow man.  Tell me about the
baby you picked up in your arms to quiet her crying heart.  Tell me
about the hand that you held of an old dying 90 year old man who keeps
calling out for his wife who has passed away many years ago, but he
believes is still with him.

When you said that your dog was better than theirs, that's acceptable.
When you said you liked a different dog than they did, that too was
acceptable.  But when you say unkind words about your fellow man, when
you say untruths, when you laugh at another and make fun of another
human being, than that dog I put in your life becomes a better human
being than you are.

Your talents for breeding, judging, or winning had nothing to do with
you at all.   So the next time you are feeling smug and arrogant that
you know so much more than your fellow man, know that those talents that
I GAVE YOU will decide where your final blessings lie.  Forget about the
championships of dogs, and instead be a champion among your fellow man,
because after all ,your talents and blessings never had anything to do
with you at all.

Now it's your turn.  You will be called and I will be the judge who will
stand out in the middle of the ring.  I won't be judging you on your
better movement because your bones will probably be too achy to walk
straight nor will I be judging you on your pretty face, for time will
have taken care of that on it's own.  Move to the head of the line, I
will tell you if you loved your fellow man, talked well of him, gave to
charity,  avoided gossip and wished all well and showed good
sportsmanship and wasn't hateful.  Grand Victor goes to the one who
imitated me.