[ SHOWGSD-L ] Support Your Breed

  • From: "Donna Turner" <gsdmomx3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:47:56 +0000

I just wanted to say that when I was at my first specialty show the gsdc of
greater Washington DC I met Barbara Hammond. And she said something to me I
will never forget. Barbara asked me if I belonged to a club. I informed her
that I was a member of my local all breed club.She smiled and said that's a
good thing but you need to SUPPORT YOUR BREED. And I went home and joined
the DSGSDC and became a active member. I also have volunteered with gsd
rescue and belong to the Delaware Valley GSDC. I have tried to support my
breed in many ways.Over the years I have been the show secretary for the
Diamond State GSDC I have been the obedience chair for the fall specialty
show at the Delaware Valley GSDC and have organized the rescue parade at the
spring specialty for Delaware Valley GSDC.The point is if everyone would
just do what they can no matter how small to SUPPORT YOUR BREED we would not
be struggling to keep our regional clubs going. It's all ways the same
people doing all the work and volunteering. And yes it's all ways the same
people bitching and complaining about how things are being run. Well I say
stop complaining and come and join us. We could all use the help running our
regional clubs. And you better watch out because I may be running for office
one day.Now I will get off my soap box!

Donna Turner
Delaware