[ SHOWGSD-L ] Strange Weekend - Multiiple Brags to go along with a Double Rainbow Bridge

  • From: "Cimarrongsd" <cimarrongsd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 18:39:38 -0600

Friday, after returning home from work, I let my dogs loose
only to have one of them collapse about 1/2 hour later and die.
Ch Cimarron's Cold As Ice OFA (aka "Pooper")was only 7 1/2 years old
(4-20-2000 to 11-30-2007) and I am totally at a loss on why
he passed over the rainbow bridge.  Pooper's dam was
Am/Can Ch Cimarron's Rhiannon CD OFA and his sire was
Ch Karizma's Heartbreaker OFA.

After that setback, I had a late departure for the weekend's
shows in Illinois.  On the way to the shows, I hit a deer and
knocked off the plastic molding protecting the front bumper.
My front license plate was mounted to this moulding.
Within 30 minutes of hitting the deer, I was pulled over by
the highway patrol because I had no front plate.  After explaining
the deer fiasco to the officer, he became very interested in my
GSD's when he found out that I was on my way to a dogshow and
that I show German Shepherds. He told me that he had a GSD and
would be interested in seeing mine.  I told him that getting
them out along side a highway at night was not a good idea.
He agreed, but then proceeded to carry on a conversation for
about 10 minutes, the whole time his emergency vehicle lites were
flashing behind me.

Right after I left the trooper, I had another piece of van fall
off my vehicle and proceeded to spend the next 45 minutes searching
for it by flashlight.  No such luck.

Well, this sure looked like it would turn into the weekend from hell.

Finally, I arrived at the dogshow.

Cimarron's You Got Lucky wins his Bredby class and goes on for
Winner's Dog and Best of Winners under judge George Vukich at
the Kankakee River Valley KC. This was only a single point, but
it was Bubba's 7th point.

Then, Cimarron's Tokyo Rose wins her open bitch class and goes
on for Reserve Winner's Bitch under judge George Vukich at
the Kankakee River Valley KC.

Then the freezing rain started.
To top it off, I find out that one of the exhibitors has forgotten
one bitch for tomorrow's show and the numbers were such that it was
a major right on the nose. So we kind of need this bitch to hold the
major.

Well after numerous phone calls, extra driving in bad weather, the bitch
gets down to the show the following morning with some people coming to
the Sunday show only.

All set for a major, right?  Wrong!
Someone else leaves their bitch home because they were not feeling good.
Don't these people realize that dog people are nuts!  They need to
Fedex the bitch or something, but don't break a major!  LOL....

We find this out about 1/2 way through bitches.  Now what will we do about
the major?

Oh well, Cimarron's Tokyo Rose wins her open bitch class and goes on for
Winner's
Bitch under judge James Maloney at the Kankakee River Valley KC for 2.9
points !
But wait, there is good news. "Pearl" then goes on for Best of Opposite to
get
her second major.  Pearl was handled by Julia Foster for points 9,10, and
11, I think.

Then Cimarron's Learning to Fly wins her AmBred class and goes on for
Reserve
Winner's Bitch under judge James Maloney at the Kankakee River Valley KC.
Many thanks to Barb Warren for puttig the reserve on Flyer.

Also thanks to Tom Warren, Jayne Faupl and her "following", and Cindy Demler
for their support.

Then the weekend goes back to sad.
Upon returning home, I found that my old guy Cimarron's Night Ranger OFA
(exc) had passed
over the rainbow bridge. "Puker" was from Am/Can Ch Cimarron's Rhiannon CD
OFA and
GV Ch Stoneway's Uecker ROM OFA.  Puker was just a couple days away from his
tenth birthday.

/steve d.
Visit Cimarron Shepherds on the Web!
http://www.cimarron-gsd.com