[ SHOWGSD-L ] Storm is in a Better Place tonight

  • From: "DOUG & PATTI CROSS" <chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:33:31 -0500

This is very difficult to post but today I let my beautiful Storm cross over
to Rainbow Bridge. He is now over that bridge playing with his beloved
"Shadow" and stealing her toys and cookies. I realized that I was keeping
him alive for me. He could not get up anymore without help and did not want
to go outside. He would just lay next to the fireplace and I had to coax him
to go out the door. He would not go in the yard, he just wanted to walk out
on the front lawn and he would then sometimes fall down. I have a wonderful
Vet that has known Storm forever and although he didn't come to the house,
he came out to the van to let Storm go peacefully. We transported him to the
crematory ourselves with his beautiful cremation box that I purchased at the
National from the "Crafty Woodchuck".

Storm is no longer in pain at 11-1/2 years old. Thank you to everyone for
all the beautiful emails that I received yesterday especially the one
entitled "If" at least I think that was the name. I believe Sue Madlung sent
it to me. I cried reading each & everyone and will eventually get around to
thanking everyone individually.

God Speed Storm & I Love You more than anyone can imagine.

There will be no 8:00 p.m. "cookie dance" tonight in our house or a paw at
the pantry door for a greenie,  it will be in Heaven.

Patti & Doug
Dana (his daughter) & Jake (Storm's favorite pain in the butt)
Waiting at the bridge his beloved "Shadow" & cousin "Champ"