[ SHOWGSD-L ] St. Louis Weekend brags

  • From: JJogra@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 12:38:38 -0400 (EDT)

Just got back to sunny Miami from a weekend trip to St. Louis. The club
needs to be commended on the great shows they put on. That is one hard working
 club. I had never been to Purina Farms and found it entertaining and
accommodating. I had a chance to see the new Expo Center and its quite
impressive. The shows were held outdoors under beautiful weather conditions. My

only complaint is that the restaurants in the area are definitely very limited.
 It was great to see old friends and meet new ones from this part of the
country.  Now to our brags.......

I specifically went to see our new girl, Lucy ( Von Nassau's I Love Lucy)
whom we purchased from Tom Mesdag and Pam O'Dell. We saw this young lady
when we  visited Sacramento and Kathy just fell in love with her. Lucy had only
been  shown twice in Novice prior to this weekend. With very little ring
experience,  on Saturday am show and under judge Tony Monk, Lucy wen WB/BOS
for a three point  major! Then on Sunday under judge Charlie Mardecz she went
RWB for a major  reserve! What a great start. The quality of animals was
excellent and we were so  proud of the effort she gave. Thank you Tony Monk and
Charlie Mardecz. Thank you  to team Yergin. Most of all thank you to Tom
Mesdag and Pam O'Dell for making  her available to us.

Our girl Holly then went into the Breed Ring under John Bemont and took BOS
 over a number of Specials. We did not show her in the am under Mr.Monk. On
 Sunday, Holly again went BOS over Specilas under Mr. Mardecz and completed
her  grand championship. Thank you Mr. Bemont and Mr. Mardecz. Holly is now:

2011 BIF Mid-Atlantic,2011 FVX, 2102 BIM MId-Pacific region, Gr. Ch.
Depahl's Halston!

We are blessed by the presence of these animals in our lives.

Joey & Kathy, Manny & Norma