[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Speaking of....

  • From: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 23:26:08 EDT

About elections....If a current Board member is  elected to an office, does a
person that was "in Line" in votes get  installed in the vacated Board
position?   I hope my question  makes sense.   I know that we vote for 7
board members,
right? and  the 7 that gets the most votes get elected to the Board, right?

So does the 8th one on the line go to the vacated Board position?
Sigh, I  get so confused on these things.
Stormy
Stormy,
You are absolutely correct: Article IV, Section 4 of the GSDCA By-Laws  says:

SECTION 4. Vacancies. Any vacancies occurring among the  Board of Directors
of the Club shall be filled by the ladder system using the  names appearing for
Directors on the ballot in the most recently  completed Club election in
accordance with the By-Laws. If no  additional names, or an insufficient number
of
names, were on the ballot in  addition to those elected, the vacancy or
vacancies shall be filled by the  Board. In case of a tie vote for a place on
the
election ballot, the Board shall  break the tie.

For the sake of clarity I underlined and made bold the most crucial
information.

Dania