[ SHOWGSD-L ] Show site locations.

  • From: John Lacher <john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-I@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 12:46:37 -0700

As we have all experienced at one time or another, expectations of a
showsite upon arrival to a show site that we have not visited before can be
either a positive one or a total nightmare. I think that before we agree or
disagree on a show site we should do our "due diligence" .

What I mean by that is simply to inspect the proposed show site, take
photographs, talk to the restaurant and hotel owners and get their feedback
on if they accept GSD's and any discounts they may wish to give exbibitors.
I am sure we have members that live near proposed sites that will volunteer
to do some due diligence.

Most importantly, Speak to the local police or sheriffs department on
crime, etc that may effect us.
Perhaps hire private security or ask law enforcement to keep an eye on our
vehicles.

There was a recent specialty where vehicles were rifled through. I believe
a theft was attempted of one vehicle but was stopped and the suspect left
the scene.

I will be visiting the proposed Corning, California site. Waiting on the go
ahead from Frank and Gail.

How long are we locked in to the Pedigree site in Saint Louis? I personally
think we need to get out from that agreement as soon as possible.

As an idea.....We should look at Red Bluff Fair Grounds and Yuba City.

Thanks for reading.
John Lacher
john.lacher@xxxxxxxxx
Oroville, CA.
1 hr North of Sacramento, 2 hours South of Redding. 45 min to Chico, 1 hour
to Corning.