[ SHOWGSD-L ] She hit me...

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 16:16:27 EST

In a message dated 12/4/07 12:26:13 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pruett@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Furthermore, had I
gotten into the faces of fellow exhibitors the  way the AKC rep did, I'm
quite sure I could have had a bench show committee  called on me.

You should immediately call a bench show committee. AKC reps are  responsible
for their actions as well as anyone else at the show. I also think a  police
report should have been made, and had it been me, I would have made a
citizen's arrest for battery, and called the police.

Years ago I was approached when at a show in Texas by the rep, who told me
to give him my keys.  Jerry Graham was in the ring with my bitch at the  time.

I look at him and said:

"This is the first time I have traveled to a dog show. I paid for airline
tickets for me and the handler, paid to ship my bitch, and for three nights in
 motel for the two of us.  I am paying the handler a lot of money to show
for me.  I paid for a rental car, that broke down this morning, and since I
could not drive it back 120 miles to the agency, had to purchase a new battery
for it at my expense. When I got in, the airline had lost my luggage, and we
had  to leave for the show the next day, so I have not changed my underwear for
three  days.  The shower in my room didn't work this morning, there was no hot
 water so I did what I could with a cold shower.  I twisted my knee outside,
my handler is in the ring with the first dog I have ever shown, and a few
minutes ago the judge stopped the show because another handler ran up on my
handler, and he punched him in the chest. (Jerry punched Gary Stasser).  The
judge stopped the show, but couldn't find you, the AKC rep. so we are  going on
with the show.  I could finish my bitch today if the judge  keeps her in front.

My handler told me to get her ears up, and I  am doing what I can and will
listen to him, not you. Go away."

He left.  It is a true story.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds