[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September Review/Paula's dog

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 09:56:25 -0700

The first comment about this had nothing to do with solicitation for studs or
garnering ROM's or
promotion of a line or studs......or as one post said.......garnering "suckers"
and self promotion.
<G>
It was a simple comment mentioning the fact that it would be nice to see at
least the sire and
dam of a dog.....and even bit of. pedigree if possible.     If a gorgeous
animal is advertised that
Is sired by one of our dogs or out of one of our bitches or even one that we
bred.........I truly
appreciate the person running the Ad mentioning those dogs!!
Anyone that has bred or owned or judged a nice dog ....or a top dog of ANY
venue ....knows that
a lot of work by the breeder, or owner, or exhibitor or trainer brought about
the fine results.
It's just nice to have those dogs  mentioned....<G>    Often the sire,  or dam
, or both,  are lying out on
someone's lawn or at our feet as we read the Ads ....and who ever gets tired of
seeing their much
loved dog's name  mentioned?    <G>
It was just a nice comment or suggestion .........

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: Linda H. <stjamesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>To:  <kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>,
<pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
  Subject: RE: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: September  ReviewDate: Fri, 18 Sep 2009
16:52:26 -0400
  I agree with your comments  on this thread.  It used to take me a long time
to go through my Reviews
   from the 80's.  I enjoyed the smaller format, too.  The newer ones  today
are pretty but just don't have
  much to them.  I showed one to a  friend recently who used to be a member and
she was shocked at
  the thinness of  it!

  Linda Hendrix
  St. James Shepherds
  Lin Chi Tibetan  Spaniels
  Goose Creek, SC

pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx;  showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  > wow.>
  > been reading  this thread with interest and have to agree 110% with ann.
  > granted,  reciting or regurgitating pedigrees without understanding them is
  >  useless. BUT, if you have been a breeder, if you currently breed, if you
  > think about breeding in the future, there is nothing more important  than
the
  > pedigree.>
  > i, too, miss the old reviews.  they seem to have been geared more toward >
the
  breeder/exhibitor and  had more "meat" to them. today's review is very >
pretty but lacks
  substance. how many of you remember when the review was at > least a  week's
project ... reading,
  studying, etc.? sad to say, it isn't > much  more than a 15 minute break now.
  > jmo,
  > diane
  >
  >  Diane Silver-Strasser> Silstra German Shepherds
  >  http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com
  >
  > In a message dated 9/18/2009  7:53:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
  > pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx  writes:
  >
  > Not to me. I could care less. It serves me no purpose  whatsoever. I >
doubt that I am alone.

  > I am not going  to pay good, devalued US currency to appease a few people's
> curiosity  when
  they can spend a few minutes of their own perceived > valuable  time and get
all the info that their
   little hearts desire, whether to >  denigrate other dogs or not.

  > In the "old days," the Review  printed a dog's pic and pedigree for free >
when the dog finished.
   If  the GSDCA doesn't care to support exhibitors
  in