[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Schutzhund

  • From: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx
  • To: moorheide@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:57:12 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/2005 9:41:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
moorheide@xxxxxxx writes:
> But, unlike US dogs trained for police a SCH animal is the closest thing to
> heaven as a family companion and protector and a SCHIII a joy of a partner
> to take into town and to your favorite restaurant.  They will sit/stay no
> matter what the distraction while you go into a building to shop and they
> will
> down/stay under your dining table.  Also  you can be sure they will go
> "search"
> and circle bark  any  unwanted intruders upon your property or home.

Margaret, I proudly have a Sch 3 female, Yani.  Anyone who comes to my house
refuses to believe that she is protection trained  <laffin>   I have only
owned her for 10 months and the first 5 minutes into my home, off the plane 2
hr
drive to my back yard she acted as tho i was the best thing since sliced
bread...  WAIT, rewind..  after arriving to my home, 5 minutes in the house,
she met
my son Anthony who was 11, she had never been around young children before in
a living situation.... she jumped on the pull out bed layed on top of his lap
and then kissed him.   She had this HUGE smile on her face... and i just
couldnt believe it, she was 4yrs old.      I had lots of traffic in and out of
the
house the first month because we had Christmas stuff going on etc... and
strangers...  sweet as can be, she is also aloof and enjoys keeping  an eye on
things.. silently guarding (thats how she does her guard in the Sch Routine)
she
will do a silent guard  and sometimes will bark and hold....
On the field.......... TOTALLY DIFFERENT young lady... as soon as she sees
someone resembling anything to do with a helper...her eyes light up and she is
ready to rock....  bolts like a bullet out of a gun.... bites like an alligator
full grip and "aus's" just like a lady  :)
I own an american male who has had protection training when he was bout 13
months old for a bout a year or so give or take a few sets here and there...
very clear in the head.. and i trust him very much...    two other german lines
females i have,  just have foundation for SchH, and they are sweeties too...
they know the difference between "the field" and "behaving in the house"     i
am very blessed with all my dogs... with good sound clear thinking...  and i
know also they are still animals...  my gut feels good bout each one of them in
regard to strangers in my home and also if i needed them... they would be
there.   my dogs do not show any signs of aggression to anyone .... they think
the protection phase of sch is a game and love every second of it!!!

Dawnmarie