[ SHOWGSD-L ] Saydee

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:39:36 -0700 (PDT)

I want to thank Kris for her input, but the message I recieved from my USAP
list was that she is URGENT. This is a euphamism for "on the death row list"
and means that the dogs time is up. I will contact this shelter tomorrow am and
find out what her actual status is. Even if they are willing to let her live
out her life at this facility, this is NO PLACE for a dog in this condition.
If, in fact, she CAN continue to survive, it would only be with consistent
monitoring, wraps for her feet or a cart. I had a dog who died from DM and
believe me, there was no way in HELL he would have been able to survive in a
shelter. It was a 24/7 job to keep him alive and comfortable for over 2 years.
We did not opt for a cart for him, as he was a very physically active dog and
we felt that when he couldnt toilet himself, it was in his best interest to
leave us and go where he was whole and happy.
This dog needs to be removed from this place and be in a home where she is
loved and secure. A shelter is just another word for a pound...a holding pen
for the unwanted. She is probably one of 30 or 40 dogs...how much time can they
actually spend with her???
Dawn Restuccia

Dorothy, and no this aint Kansas