[ SHOWGSD-L ] Saturday in Northern California

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 20:01:07 EDT

Here we are again, and another dog show. I sort of like this, we donâ??t
start until 1:15, so we just hung around and then came over easy.  Helen is  in
the ring doing some little fluffy dog, and next ring over Micael is judging
 another breed. He does shepherds tomorrow.

Paul and Jennifer Root are here already and so is The Famous Linda
Battistoni.  Paula Cook and I met when I went to get a catalog, and so I  went
over
and had a private momite with Harley.  JR is working hard on his  entries
and he showed other breeds as well so he is working already.  We  are about
an hour before judging.

Raul and Orttie are here, Raul is the exclusive handler for JP, and I
forgot to say that yesterday Peggy Kurtz brought little bags for everyone and
passed them out before judging. She said that since she wanted to have fun,
we  should too. The bags were full of candy noise makers, and snacks. It put
us all  in a good mood. For me it lasted up to the time I went second in the
class. But,  today is another day.

I see Nancy McDonald is here now annd so is The Guz.  Tedi is talking  to
everyone, and Channing Sheets is here early.  Mikele is here and I do  need
to figure out how to spell his name. I may ask him.  Karen Taylor is  here
waiting for the show, and I canâ??t wait for her party, (everyone is welcome)
donâ??t tell Karen I told you. She bought Italian for us all, so I will do what
I  can to make sure everyone gets there.  I saw Eric Norby here and Joanie
showed half a class yesterday, and then he took over.  Ben Bignoria is here
 and wearing another hat. I think it is a trademark.

I see Pam Oâ??Dell and she is smiling, but she always is.  Still 45  minutes
to go and Helen went for her lunch break.

It is show time with Helen Gleason judging.  I just sat and enjoyed  the
judging which went quickly since it is an all-breed show.

The show is over and we have decided to head home in the morning rather
than show again.  It was fun, but it is a long way home, the Lakers play
tomorrow night, we are exhausted, and there is a party at Bret and Karen
Taylors
 home, so we will leave early.

The Best of Breed was Katrina, and Harley was Best Opposite Sex out of a
Specials Class of nine.  It was a fantastic class, and it was  astounding.
Best of Winners was the bitch, Winnerâ??s Bitch wasjagan  Leniorâ??s
SolikeHappy, and Winnerâ??s Dog was shown by Dave Lasater, Candiaâ??s On  Any
Sunday, his
first time in a ring.  Reserve Winnerâ??s Dog was Lastars  League Of His Own
Of Somerset Rose and Reserve Winnerâ??s Bitch was Talimarâ??s  Avianaâ??s Kiwi
Tebe Nobe.

Helen did a great job, and having time limitations everyone got a good
look. She got a bit confused on the Grand Champion thing, as we all are going
to  for a while. She told all the champions they would get their white
ribbons, and  then was corrected and selected who got it. I missed who ended up
with them  except I know Katrina and Harley got it.  Jimmy was given the white
ribbon  as BOB and as I understand it, he doesn't get one, but the Select
bitch  does.  Eventually we will all figure it out.

I will type in all the class winners tomorrow on the road, but I know some
want to know who won, and I am too tired right now.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/