[ SHOWGSD-L ] Santorum Book Signing..without spin

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:27:32 EDT

In a message dated 8/21/2005 5:03:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:

quoting "Al Mascitti's weblog"
U.S.  Sen. Rick Santorum, the Republican from Pennsylvania, espouses  many
controversial views -- that women shouldn't work outside the home,  that
legalizing gay marriage would lead to legalizing polygamy  and
bestiality, that government should discourage birth control.
He's  even written a book, "It Takes a Family," to spread his  viewpoint.

Actually, although I'm not his biggest fan, none of that is  accurate.  The
Senator's wife happens to be an attorney.  He does  feel it's better for
pre-school children to be raised in their home by a PARENT  and not shuffled
off to
day care...duh!...His comments re polygamy and the rest,  though unpopular and
hardly PC were made from a legal standpoint, and what  do you know, proved
correct...some bozo from Utah filed suite citing gay  marriage legislation as a
basis in fact for being allowed to keep his multiple  wives. Senator
Santorum's view on birth control has to do w/ NOT  getting the federal
government
involved (read financing) family  planning...humph...for OTHER PEOPLE'S
CHILDREN...
"It takes a Family" is a poke  at Hillary's "It Takes a Village"....(and
what's wrong w/ that?  as part of  this whole "village" thing, I'm all in favor
of
a "family" taking responsibility  for the children they choose to bring up!),
and so forth...I have no idea if the  crowd at the book signing was going to
get nasty, but that's a nice area and  PRIVATE PROPERTY and if it looked like
there was that potential, it doesn't  surprise me that the state police
shuffled them off...

Can we give this PAWS thing a rest, or at least, if we are going to be
political, can we at least cite factual articles?

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_