[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SEIZURE QUESTION??

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:37:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bonnie, Yes, I have known of situations where a dog will have a seizure and
not have one again...it can happen in people like that too, but the reality is
that most often there will be reoccurances.  And, no, not all seizures indicate
epilepsy.  Often it is a wait and see game.  This is hard because seizures are
very frightening to human and animal alike and none of us like to experience
them.  Cynthia

  Bonnie Dinsmore wrote: I received a few replies on the Ketocon not usually
causing seizures. THANKS!!!! I do have a question regarding the 2 year old GSD
that had some type of seizure yesterday. His vet said not to worry. It may not
happen again. Those of you who have had seizures in your dogs--do seizures
necessarily mean it's a form of epilepsy? Or can a dog have a seizure for
unknown reasons and be fine? Is his diet causing this? Allergies? Any
suggestions? I wanted to have some information to give her so she knows what to
watch for.
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE--I really appreciate your time!!

p.s-Their vet is a good vet from a very reputable animal hospital and he said
not to worry-sometimes these things skip many generations and can happen in our
breed.

Bonnie
POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original