[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Review

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx, DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:49:55 -0800 (PST)

Anyone noticed that all magazines are smaller than they used to be?
Anyone remember that the board decided there was going to be a strict limit to
how many pages of editorial content there could be based on how many ads there
are? And fewer people are showing and advertising. Performance people do not
feel as great a need to advertise the dog they are campaigning.
It is up to the club to decide if providing information to the membership is
what is important. What kind of information do we want to provide?Do we want to
provide a quality magazine to the membership that is more than the minutes?
I think it would be great if a pdf version of the magazine were available
online. I like the immediacy of online information, but often when you want to
stays.

As for corrections - providing the photos that were unavailable at some
previous time is not error correction. And other errors - we all make them and
I am glad when they are corrected. Can't comment on the cover picture as I have
not yet been to the PO box to pick up my magazine.

I do not spend as much time reading the Review - but I also do not spend as
much time reading Newsweek or Time or even National Geographic, and that goes
for most of us. i wish I did - but I don't.

Ruth