[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Regional Club Challenge Divisions

  • From: hadderway@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 01:04:13 +0000

Although any "non dues paying members" do not count in your total number of
members, they can still submit points.  This was done to address the fact that
a number of clubs have 10-20 honorary or lifetime (25, 30, 35, 40, 45 or 50
year) members who no longer exhibit and do not pay dues.
Rather than forcing an otherwise small club to compete as a medium size club or
even a large club, we just don't count them in the total for the number of
members.  HOWEVER, if the honorary or lifetime members earn points, their
points count just as much as those dues paying members' points.

I would say one of the most competitive groups out there are those in the small
club division.  They are always trying to figure out ways to earn more points!
And the awesome thing is that they are doing it all.... they are putting on
public education events, doing therapy work, competing in conformation,
obedience and agility AND hosting shows.  My hats off to the small clubs.  All
I can say is... the medium clubs had better watch out.. small clubs grow up to
be medium clubs.

Kelly Knight