[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Realistically.....

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DPiagentin@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 15:44:27 -0400

Sorry, but none of this bears at all on the PAWS legislation.  If y'all
continue to think this Bill is not going to impact the dog world as we
knew it then or as we know it now, or if you think "it's just a
reflection of the times," you are sadly mistaken.
I suggest you get a copy of last Friday's Dog Schmooz and read the
wonderful article by Charlotte mcGowan.  Charlotte is not lacking in
intelligence or an awareness of the dog world, indeed, she probably has
a better grasp of the dog world in this country than most any of us on
this list...what she has to say will make you think, if you haven't
already.  PAWS will, in time, mean no breeding.  No dogs--no cats--no
pets.
    What has to happen to make you all realize that the true aim of the
Animal Rights Groups is NO ANIMAL OWNERSHIP at all...of any kind?  That
passage of PAWS is not only the first time hobby breeders will be
regulated, but that it is the beginning of victory by the ARistas?
Peggy