[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Raw feeding GSD

  • From: "Jessica MacMillan" <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LauraEG@xxxxxxx, almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 13:16:21 -0500

>From: LauraEG@xxxxxxx

>Ok, I think I am climbing in to this boat with the rest of you.  When  you
>prepare this, do you do it in a food processor?  Do you cook it?   How much
>do
>you feed to your dogs, how many time each day?
>
>Laura in Chesapeake

Dogs are still fed twice daily. When I do wings with the girls, I do whole
as I want them to CHEW their food. My mom feeds whole food and ground food -
ground for convenience, whole for chewing and cleaning teeth. Veggies need
to be ground up as dogs (carnivores) cannot break down plant tissues to
utilize the veggies properly unless ground. We don't cook anything as that
can break down the quality of many of the foods that you feed.. Raw is
essentially that, RAW...

I cannot remember the percentages of amount of food to body mass - it has
been a while since I last fed it... If you go to Billinghurst website, I
believe the information is there or Amy might know it off the top of her
head.

.......................... Move over kibble cause I am switching to raw
completely.

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (and two, coutem' TWO GSD)