[ SHOWGSD-L ] Raw Feeding the Dals

  • From: "Jessica MacMillan" <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:21:14 -0500

Hi Everyone -

Below is a link to the BARF page on the Paisley website... I noticed one or
two of the links aren't working, but there are tons of educational resources
for raw feeding on there.

http://www.geocities.com/paisleydals/barf.html

As for what is fed to the dals... and based on the responses I am getting
from the raw feeders on this list - it is pretty much the same...

Chicken wings, turkey necks, backs and gizards are popular. Mom does
mackeral once a week (and run for cover from the smell)..  In various
combinations she uses ground vegetables - mostly leafy greens and some fruit
to sweeten them up a bit. For bitches with puppies they also get liver, beef
necks, yogurt and eggs (various combinations)..

Puppies are also fed raw - itty bitty babies start of on ground chicken,
goats milk and variations there of and eggs. At about 5 weeks, they get
their first wings and you should see them take to those.

I know for the occasional dog she uses Sojourner farms and the dogs love
it... She also uses some of the canned holistic stews as a mix or when
traveling.. She has also tried lots of other meat products, etc... Happy
with it all..

BTW: I forgot to mention, if you are contemplating raw, start around the
same time the dogs are in full shed, because they will do a full shed when
switched to raw.. Dogs also go through a period of looking a bit mothy and
as their body type changes (verses having sort of soft spongy feel, they are
ROCK solid on raw), they will not look right. DON'T FRET... The dogs will
look awesome!!

As I accumulate more information on raw for GSD, I will post a complete
article on it for everyone..

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (and two, coutem' TWO GSD)

$771/month*