[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rabies Challenge Fund Updates

  • From: Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD Genetic Defects <GSDGeneticDefects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GSDGenetics <GSDGenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, GSD_ Genetics <GSD_Genetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, White Shepherd Genetics <WhiteShepherdGenetics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Show GSD List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 13:43:55 -0700

Well that didn't work the first time like I hoped!  That will teach me not to
copy & paste!!!<br/>Very interesting news... Can't wait for
results!!!<br/>Also, an anonymous donor is matching dollar for dollar up to
$12,500- which will give the RCF the final funds they need to complete this
The Rabies Challenge Fund has just received the commitment from a USDA-approved
facility to perform the first of the challenge phases of our 5 and 7-year
studies.  This rabies research was undertaken to determine, by challenge, the
vaccine’s long-term duration of immunity in dogs and to establish the
world’s first canine rabies titer standard.<br/><br/>            Fees for
this first challenge, slated to begin later this year, will involve 15 of the
study dogs and will cost $100,000.  If successful, two subsequent challenges of
15 dogs each will be conducted in order to meet the USDA rabies
 vaccine licensing requirements.  These results, which will have been obtained
using the same federal standard upon which all currently licensed rabies
vaccines and rabies laws and regulations are based, should establish the
scientific foundation upon which the legally required rabies booster intervals
for dogs can be extended to 5 or 7 years.   Further, for the first time, our
accumulated rabies titer data should permit incorporating clauses pertaining to
rabies titers into the existing laws. <br/><br/>            Currently, The
Rabies Challenge Fund will need to raise an additional $24,847 to cover the
challenge facility fees.  We ask that our donors maintain their generous levels
of support through this critical challenge phase, so that the results to
benefit all dogs can be available in early 2015.<br/><br/>          Information
on making a donation can be found at this link:
 http://www.rabieschallengefund.org/donate/donate-to-the-fund<br/><br/>JayDee's
Proud-Haus Shepherds/Proud K911 Canine Consulting<br/>Committed to the Total
Dog you can be Proud of!!!<br/>www.jaydeesphs.com<br/>

http://showgsd.org/mail.html