[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy Umbilical Hernia

  • From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • To: DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:45:26 EST

In a message dated 11/15/2005 10:49:21 AM Pacific Standard Time,
DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx writes:
I sold a puppy a few weeks ago.  I had him examined by my vet several  times
and the new owner had him to her vet when she brought him home - the  puppy
was healthy, happy and nothing was noted.  Last week she took him for  his
fourth set of shots (he is now 3 months old) and the vet found an  umbilical
hernia. They want to schedule him for surgery.  I  believe he is too young to
be
traumatized by surgery that may not be  necessary.  The owner is worried and
wants to do the right  thing.  Any thoughts out there?  I'd like to hear your

collective opinions.
I also never worry about Umbilical hernia's.  The only thing that concerns me
here is the puppy did not seem to have it before and suddenly he does?  I
have never heard of that.  My thoughts are it must have been missed.  If it is
small I just would leave it alone and keep an eye on it. Rarely are they a
problem.
Debbie