[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy Help- Crooked Legs

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:48:40 EDT

Tari, your pups need to go to the vet. They needed to be wormed repeatedly
with nemex, and a fecal test done. If they are not eating, they are sick. My
seven week old pups, (which I have now), eat like horses. They were wormed at
two weeks, and once a week since, with Pyrantel Pamoate, which is a stronger
version of Nemex. Puppies don't need additional vitamins if they are on good
quality balanced food. Do they get any direct sunshine? Take them to the vet
for  some bloodwork, and a fecal. Syd

In a message dated 8/12/2005 7:13:16 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
chsweetsun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
HI,
I  have a litter of pups that are almost 7 weeks.  There are 5 pups out of
the 6  in the litter that are doing something weird with their front  legs.
They stand, and even sit sometimes, with the legs looking bowed  out esp. at
the
pasterns and just above the pasterns.  The one is so bad  that now he even
limps when he walks.  It almost looks like Rickets, but  it is mainly in the
pastern area.  They are NOT down on the pasterns at  all.  They are fed Canidae
80% and 20% Beef n' Bone.  I treated them  with Albon, and noticed this started
shortly after that.  Has anyone else  seen or know of this.  They also are
very poor eaters.  They have  been wormed properly- tho I bought some wormer at
the store and didn't see any  worms pass since the first wormer at 3 weeks old
so I bought some Nemex 2 and  just gave that last night.., and my Friend has
a litter, very similar blood  line, Fed EXACTLY same as me but didn't need
Albon, and they have straight  legs.  I don't believe in allot of puppy
Vitamins, and feel still  that is not necessary as my friend's litter is
doing super fed this way. Am I  crazy???or is it the Albon?
ANY help I would appreciate.  Any  chance they will be better once I stop the
Albon..yesterday was day 5 and even  tho they don't eat good now...I am
stopping it.
Tari
Brand New  Website:
www.kridlersgermanshepherds.com
POST  is Copyrighted 2005.  All material remains the property of the original
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE -  http://www.showgsd.org

Syd Mailberg  425-432-4144
23910 SE 276th St
Maple Valley, Wa.  98038