[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy Food Question

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 21:12:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/4/2009 9:05:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have  nine puppies that will be eight weeks old on Tuesday. They are all
doing good  and eating great. I was wondering how many of you keep your
puppies on puppy  food and for how long. I usually have them on adult food
between three and  four months because they seem to grow a little slower and I
have not had pano  in a long time. Do you keep them on the puppy food and if
not when do you take  them off of it. O r do you mix half puppy food and half
adult food. They are  eating the Kirkland Chicken And Rice Puppy food from
Costco. it has 28%  protein and 17% fat where the Kirkland adult food has
26% protein  and 16% fat. Not that much difference between the two. Any
thoughts????   TIA.
Amy Greenhut

I've always kept my pups on puppy food until they are anywhere between
10-16 months, depending on their individual condition.   Unless  they come down
with pano, but that was  a problem only with 3 dogs in  20 years, different
bloodlines.  Then again, everyone thinks I keep my dogs  too heavy,  I like
to think they are satisfied <G>.

I have never fed Kirkland, so I cant compare. I've used ProPlan.  Last
litter is 7 years old.

Ileana