[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Post From Charlene Marchand

  • From: TWOSANBOB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:35:36 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 2/19/2014 9:58:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TWOSANBOB@xxxxxxx writes:

I am posting this for Charlene

We are overwhelmed and appreciative of the support given to our
shelter,after the seizure of 39 German Shepherd Dogs from the home of Dawn
Verdeschi.
For the record this was not an SPCA raid.
The sheriff's department responded to a number of local complaints  and
were brought in to remove the 39  dogs and one cat. The  day of the
seizure,Dawn signed over the ownership of all 39 dogs to us.
AS of the hearing yesterday the defendant has hired an attorney  and is
refusing to cooperate or surrender the animals to us for  placement,our offer
on the table was to have Dawn assist us in identifying  individuals ,who had
direct ownership or co-ownership interest in any of the  seized dogs,so that
they could be rightfully returned.
She refused.
At this point,our shelter has incurred expenses in excess of $10,000.00
We have staff overtime,veterinary care, medical treatment ,including
medicines,special food,vaccinations,worming,grooming ,bathing,and housing in
our
NEW facility which is not yet open to the public.
WE had to hire an attorney to represent us ,and are requesting that  the
defendant post a bond of $25,000.00 to assist us in the maintenance of the
dogs ,until the disposition of the case is final.
Trust that the dogs are in good and knowledgeable hands.
You can go online _www.cghs.org_ (http://www.cghs.org/)  to see the photos
,We did NOT  post these until our unsuccessful hearing yesterday.
Thank you to so many for your moral and financial support,with a  situation
very challenging for a small ,non-profit shelter
thanks
Charlene Marchand,Chairperson,Board of  Directors

Colombia-Greene Humane Shelter,Society,SPCA
125 Humane Society Rd.
Hudson ,NY 12534

http://showgsd.org/mail.html