[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Political Action Committee (PAC)

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <CARALAND@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:46:58 -0700

Jack, many of us have joined PetPac and sent checks. That organization is
probably in need of continued support to keep this sort of thing from
changing our lives with our dogs in the future. I intend to send another
check in the next few days. We may have succeeded today, but I am sure we
all realize it is far from over.

Are you speaking of something other than PetPac, and if so who will be at
the helm to organize, lobby, etc. etc.
I think that an organization run by concerned volunteers would possibly not
be as effective as one such as PetPac can be.

Another problem that adds to the dog "over population" is that we still have
puppy mills and imports from out of state etc. I do not believe that the
show fancier breeder for the most part are the one's responsible for high
shelter and euthanasia figures.

Yes, there are some who keep to many and breed to often, but I think they
are in the minority. With a breed such as ours, I feel it is a disservice to
the breed or keep to many dogs. They are such noble, intelligent, devoted
companions, they do not thrive or meet their full potential in a large
kennel situation.

Beryl Eshom