[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Please read carefully - P.R. Relations Chair: REGIONAL CLU...

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 09:30:23 EST

In a message dated 2/3/2007 10:22:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi  Kathy,
Actually, the rule change was only about endorsers and that would  not have
made a difference.
Don't you think his handler and breeder,  who are both GSDCA members, would
have endorsed  him?

I do.  That's why I mentioned the bylaw change as well in my  response.  We
have a lot of doors open to change the application/renewal  process.  In no
particular order we can -

-put a disclaimer on the application, something to the effect that the
signer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless (fill in the blanks w/  legal-ease)

- agrees to abide by the (soon to be) Code of Ethics

-we can put verbiage in the bylaws stating that no member shall be involved
in (fill in the blanks)

I've read some excellent ideas this week Cindy and quite  honestly, I'm not
all that concerned with what other clubs think. I don't  need a "response",
like I've said, IF anyone were to bring it up, I'd suggest  they have a look at
there own application, bylaws or however they determine  their membership
structure to be sure they too aren't exposed.  (Actually,  no one has brought
it
up.)

I know I'm not worried about John Q Public.  For sure the majority  don't
understand the alphabet soup of endorsements.

I'm through "awfulizing" about this.  "We" made mistakes, we'll learn  from
them and I've chosen to move on.  In fact, if you feel the need for a
statement, there you have it.

"We've made mistakes, we'll learn from them and we're in the process of
correcting them".

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_