[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: Tigra12@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 19:28:14 EDT

I'm not sure I agree with that statement - I've got a few fence runners  that
keep
up a full charge for hours without ever getting tired.  I think  gaiting
would be a
piece of cake for them.

Janice (who IS tired of filling in the trenches they wear in the yard and
runs!)

In a message dated 8/13/05 4:04:41 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Tigra12@xxxxxxx writes:
I was  reading the list mail a couple of days ago, and somebody said
something
that stuck out to me.  I apologize in advance because I cannot  remember
exactly WHICH person said it.
The comment I read was (at least  along the lines of) "Many of our dogs
couldn't keep up the gait we ask of  them today."

So my honest to God I have no understanding WHY question  is...Why is this?
Aside from being "pretty" and "elegant" why is it  bred for if the dogs could
not keep it up, as they'd need to if somebody  did decide to herd (Or do
something else) with them?

more
quickly :-) )?

- Jackie