[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Petco

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:59:20 EST

http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_kindnews_Nav_383.aspx
http://www.petco.com/petco_Page_PC_pfdirector_Nav_385.aspx

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/9594/business_foundation_helps_animal
s_in.html?page=2
Last year's Round-Up efforts raised more than $817,000 for local animal
welfare organizations across the country. Petco, founded in 1965, conducts
training
and education of companies and animal owners, pursues a range of activities
in their communities to support programs and organizations dedicated to animal
welfare and responsible pet parenting. Petco's rapid growth and nationwide
expansion created the need to launch a separate organization (the Foundation)
capable of managing the company's charitable endeavors. The Foundation
dedicates
its programs to serving "The Four Rs: Reduce, Rescue, Rehabilitate, Rejoice."

The Foundation has raised money for over 2,700 animal welfare organizations
since it started in 1999. Through partnerships with local and national animal
welfare groups Petco has made the possible the adoption of millions of
companion animals. Petco's philosophy is "Adoption First" - in which they
encourage
potential pet parents to consider the adoption of homeless companion animals
before buying a pet.

With a Kind News Campaign, the Foundation sponsors a humane education program
as part of their responsible companion pet ownership mission. They educate
children about proper humane treatment of companion animals and being supported
with a partnership between the Humane Society of the U.S. National Association
for Humane and Environmental Education (NAHEE) and the Foundation.

The Foundation is sponsoring the NAHEE's Adopt A Teacher program in 500
elementary schools across the nation. Kind News features stories about
responsible
pet care, environmental concerns and issues as well as information on all
types of animals.

"We're proud to be able to support the NAHEE's Kind News campaign," said
Jolly.

Dorothy Weller, NAHEE co-director, said, "Our King News program makes a
difference in children's lives by sharing life stories about how treating
animals
kindly adds joy to their lives and to the lives of companion animals."

More than 14,000 animals are now spending their time with new families
instead of in shelters through the Foundation's National Pet Adoption Days held
April 2nd through the 3rd. For the eighth year Petco and the Foundation tried
place as many orphaned animals as possible in loving homes and raise awareness
for many adoptable animals available in their 740 plus store communities.

In August 2004 Petco launched their "Think Adoption First" program which
reaches out to shelters offering small animals, reptiles, and birds for
adoption
in an effort to help find families for all homeless animals and resources for
customers interested in the diverse companion animal groups.

"This was a great time for animals because of our compassionate customers and
adoption partners," said Jolly.

In a message dated 3/6/08 12:43:09 PM, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Complain to Petco about the company hooking up with HSUS, and this is what
> you get back....
> Peggy
>
> Dear ,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to contact PETCO Animal Supplies.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money &
Finance.
      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)