[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pancreas The things we do..............

  • From: "debby" <debby@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: grnram415@xxxxxxx,Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:37:10 -0800

I have a four-year-old bitch with EPI that I have on Viokase-V right now.  I
will be switching over
to Bio Case V to reduce the cost.  I've been able to supplement her diet with
raw pig pancreas
from a local butcher shop, but I can't get enough of it to completely replace
the powder.

I was under the impression that you can only use pig pancreas.  According to
your message, I
would be able to feed her beef pancreas also.  Am I understanding this right?
If so, can I feed
her both pig and beef pancreas?  Is one preferred over the other?  How do you
determine how
much to give?  One to two ounces of pancreas to replace each teaspoon of
powder?  I feed my
girl two teaspoons of powder with each meal to keep her from eating her poop.
Any comments
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Debby