[ SHOWGSD-L ] PAWS & Shows

  • From: "Catherine Murch" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:41:22 -0400

Hi Everyone;
I received an email as an AKC Delegate from Dennis SPrung, President of AKC. It
was to inform me, that on Monday evening,
Dr. Holt would give a presentation on PAWS for the Delegates and take
questions. Well, this is basically a one sided presentation,
AKC's side. I will not be attending as I do not go into NYC the night before,
but take a bus in the mornings of the meetings. I will
get to set thru Dr. Holt's presentation, a week later at the NJ Federation of
Dog Clubs. That should be interesting, since many of
the NJ Clubs are opposed to PAWS.

Now, I thought  I would just let all of you know how bad entries seem to be all
over. My AB club is down over 250 entries for our
Friday show next weekend, 550 on Saturday, which includes the Lab Speciality,
is down about 200 each day.

We suspect that the cost of gas and the heat that we have had this summer
played a big part of this. We are just wondering if
this is what the future holds for all Clubs.

Cathy
Kelstar

Catherine Murch
fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx