[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our dogs are herding dogs

  • From: "Leslie Beccia" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "signaturegsd@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: wynsum@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 10:27:46 -0400

Yes, I agree. I have not seen a German Shepherd win a blue ribbon on down
pasterns.

As a newcomer, it's wonderful you have a passion for our breed. And we as
breeders with experience will guide you and educate you. But it's also
important to remember to listen and not jump to conclusions for the problems we
face.

I have worked with Dr. Hutchison's clinic for over 30 years, and have had many
discussions with breeders on nutrition,environment and genetics.

Not everything is GENETIC by the way.

Mother nature can be cruel sometimes, there are no guarantees in life. As we
seek answers sometimes there is none, but we love the breed and should always
strive to breed for correct/ health and temperament . IT's never easy .

Leslie Beccia
Signature German Shepherds
www.signaturesgermanshephers.com

US/Can/ Gvx/ Ruby - ofa/rom
US GVX FVX/ Can/Sel/ Miami - ofa/rom
US MV/BIM/ Can/Sel/ Ray Bearone - ofa/rom
US/ Can/ Ch. Tanzanite/ ofa/ rom
US/Can/ Ch. Harry Nile/ ofa
US/Can/ Ch. Phillip Marlowe