[ SHOWGSD-L ] Open dogs and Winner's

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ginialtman@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:30:04 EST

In come the dogs, and you can feel the tension.  Daphene is taking  toBill
Leonard is standing here, and in the ring is Diane with an all black,  that
stacks like a pro. She has her first group in there and I like that dog.  Down
and
back, and there they go around.  Next up is Art Sinclair, (OK, if  I know the
name I will put it in). And, yes, I know it is Diane Brown.

I just found out that the Open Bitch is out of a Ben daughter.  Debbie
Hokanan came by to say hello, and talk about her winners. Marilyn Smith came to

say howdy with Dan, both looking great.  I guess Debbie and I should not be
talking about the winners, she has to do winnerâ??s bitch yet, but it isnâ??t
going
to change anything, I know.

Barbara is in a red print jacket, a black knit top[ and off white  slacks.
Rita and I are checking out muscles ,and she looks a lot better  than me, and
is doing great.

Barbara is working with Trish with a good looking dog, Lexx Luther.   Ginnie
Altman is sitting with us taking a break, and they are working the dogs,  down
and back and then around.  The group is done, and now they each go  around
one time by themselves, first Diane, then Art, now Kent, and the crowd  likes
his dog, Army, (I love that dog), and now Al, now Trish and the last is K.  K.
West a new lady and smiling all the way around.  And now all  together.  And Al
Martin is talking to me now, and never seems to  age.

 And in comes the next group.  First is Leslie, then Bart,  Joanne, Scott,
Philip Moore, and Ariel.  If you donâ??t know those people,  ask a friend.  I
could give you their last names, but then I would have to  kill you. Leslie has
very dark Bi, and it is a handsom male.  As I sit  here, I do think Army is
going to be hard to beat in this group, and I see Dave  Rinke, Martha Rinke,
Bob
Eaton and Jeff Mobeuse are standing about ten feet away  holding him.  How
many owners does it take to show a German shepherd?   There goes Leslie with
that dark dog, and the crowd likes him. It is Amyrâ??s  Naugatuck of Witmer.
Nice
animal.  Now Bart, (Bartley) is in the  center with his dog, and Barbara does
the individual.  And there goes Bart,  and the crowd does like that dog as
well, it is Greenbrier Farms Shout a Boss  son. He looks like The Boss, and YOU
DO NOT NEED THE BOSSâ?? LAST NAME.

We do have to think about Barbara in three years to do Specials.  She  has
great ring presence and she knows a good dog. Joanne has a real stallion  dog,
Gonvi Su-Roâ??s Eddie, a Manny son.  Norma came by and said she was  sorry I
didnâ??
t win.

Scottie is out there now and his dog is a deep bodied dog, looking fully
mature, it is Lindehillâ??s Vinne the Viper. Great name, one of those Snake
sons.
Now some milling around, and Gail Sprock is here talking to us, and  chilling.

Joan Fox came by with a smile, and her great haircut.  Barbara is  doing the
last of this group, and Ariel is out there, so the rest canâ??t be far  behind.

Martha Rinke is talking to Diane Brown, who I think shows her  dog.

There they go, one at a time and Joanne takes her pass, and that is a good
one. There goes Leslie, and a very dark dog.  The dreams of the open dog
owners are still intact, and everyone is hoping for a break and even Mr. Rinke
seems on edge. Jeff Mobeuse doesnâ??t seem to be affected, or maybe I jsut
canâ??t
tell. Lamar Fredricks just stopped by.

Barbara puts her first, (last group) tot he side, and brings in the  rest.
In come the other two groups.  She is cutting and now has  excused a few, and
pulls a few.  She has eight, and is looking at three,  Scott, Bart, and Ariel,
and pulls out Scott and lets three go home to get ready  for tomorrow. She has
her keepers in there now and is walking to the front, she  has eight.
Joanne,then Kent, Art, Mr. Brown, Ken Tank, Mike, Scott and  Leslie.

Barbara walks to the front, walks back and puts her hands on her hips, says
take them around and let them go, but easy, one at a time. There goes
Joanne,and  the crowd wakes up. Wow, do they love Army with Kent.  Now Diane
with a
black dog, and some applause but not overwhelming.   And she moves Ken  tank
up.  One at a time, and now they are done, and she moves Mike up two  places
and
now Scott.  Leslie is standing off to the side, so she might be  the last
one, if so, then Kent was moved to the front and I missed it. Kris  Frasano
just
came by to ask about the schedule.

Yes, Kent is in front and working the dog to pose him right, second is Ken
Tank then Scott and Joanne, (that is from the back) I am good!  Barbary  goes
and pets the Black with Ken and moves down the group, the crowd loves
Joanneâ??s
dog, and now she is at the end, and I doubt she is going to change, but  she
stands back, uts her hands behind her, and talks to them.  I donâ??t know  what
she is saying, butthere they go, Kent is getting set, tells them to CALL  HIM,
an the crowd goes nuts, no one is going to beat that dog, and YES, THATâ??S
THE WAY IT IS!

First is Welove Du Chenâ??s Army of One, then second ken withCathlin curzon,
third was Lindenhillâ??s Vinnie The Viper and fourth Joelleâ??s Diamond Da
Vinci.
Many Campo was here for a bit, and now they are calling the bitch class
winners.

Tom McPheron is here and it is good to see him. He is reading his name of
the GV and GVX trophies for Scorpio and Charo.  She says Carol is good too.  46
years.  Lee Brown came by and I congratulated him on the board.  I  also saw
Lew, and he seems to be enjoying it already.

In come the bitch winners, and Debbie is standing in the middle of the ring
watching.  Barbara is behind me talking to Bob Dresher, she looks just  great
today.  She has sparkly stuff on her face, and on her it looks good.  Debbie
is taking three together, so back to the show.l

Laurie, George, and Mike, now Art, Leslie, Jerry and Alex. That is all of
them.  Art is showing his bitch at 12 feet out,and she handles it. Now  Debbie
is approaching George and Miek and gives them some directions, and there  they
go, and taking the entire ring.  George in front, they stop half way,  and
Mike takes the lead. Debbie is watching them, and clearly the crowd likes  waht
it sees, and Debbie goes over to them and she looks them over from the  front,
and walks back and now looking at George in second and she walks back and
pulls the rest behind them, leaving Mike in front. She walks the length of the
winners and looks at them all and says, â??Take them aroundâ?? and I bet this
is
it,  and there they go, the crowd loves it with Mike in front with a fantastic
bitch  and YES, thatâ??s it.

Winnerâ??s Bitch is the American Bred bitch, and Futurity Bitch, Marquisâ??
Here I am V Surigo.  That bitch is going to give Happyandyouknowit a good  run.

But, what do I know?

And now for Reserve.  Paul Johnson just came by, and out in the ring  go the
bitch for Reserve the second American Bred, Sajelaâ??s Soladad Oâ??Brien V
KenLyn.  I think it will be the Open Bitch but who knows?  Debbie does  and the
Shadow Knows.

Off goes the American Bred, and the Open bitch, two great ones, and Debbie
is watching them all the way around, and now she walks over to the rest of the
group and puts the Open Bitch in front, and walks over to all of them to take
 one last look.

She turns her back and tells them to take a pass, and there they go, and  she
looks at them and YES, it is the Open Bitch, Windy Acriesâ?? My Oh My.

Now, on to Winnerâ??s Dog.

Dan Smith came by and we exchanged cancer stories. He told me both he and
Jim will be 70 next month, for Jim in dog years.  Dan looks good, he has  been
remodeling Marylynâ??s house. By himself.
I am talking to Lew, and Carole  Moore is talking to us. Ken Tank is talking
to me, and Barbara is laughing in  the ring with Tom Mesdaga nd Karen.  They
are ready for the dogs, and I do  think Army is going to be hard to beat.

I keep thinking of that group, Jane Kerner, Jeff Mobeuse, Dave and Martha
Rinke and Bob Eaton. Last year they had open dog winner, American bred winner,
winnerâ??s dog, Two Selects, one the sire of the winnerâ??s dog, and then that
dog  went Canadian Grand Victor, and this year Maturity Victor. So far.  I
guess
 it is not just luck is it?

And they are in the ring.  Barbara walks out there, and it is along  walk.
She starts at the front with Ken and looks along the line while  standing and
tells them to take them around Kent, the Diane, Leslie, Kelly  Terry, Bill Basu
and Jerry.  Not a bad handler in there. Barbara walks down  the line and
touches each one of them, before they take off.  Liz Sotile is  here now,
watching
to see what happens.  And Barbara stands back puts her  hands behind her
again, and tells them something with a gesture. There they go,  one at a time.
do love the Army dog, and so does the crowd.

Now Diane with Rogue, another good dog.  Now Leslie with Titanium, and  Kelly
with Show Stopper.  Not a lot of reaction but some for that  dog.  Next up is
Stealing the show with Mike. Now Ken George with Crusader  and last The Guz
with Chief of Staff.

John Nichols is a young handler who made a real impression on us all. He
showed in the classes and was just asked to handle a Dallas daughter in
Specials. He is Paul Roots nephew, Jenniferâ??s brotherâ??s son.

Barbara asks to take Army around again, and the crowd does go wild. I have
never heard Jeff yell that way, and now Diane.  Down and Back and  around.
Each one, but clearly Army is the crowd favorite.  Diane does  get some
applause,
and that is one good dog.  Barbara watches him all the  way, and now is
looking over Terryâ??s dog.  She looks at them standing  loose, (sure like the
handlers will let that happen) and there he goes around,  and some reaction.
She has
done a great job or everything shown was good. This  is an outstanding group
of winners.

Leslie in plum purple now, and down, back and around.  She is talking  to
Barbara for a bit, but there she goes, and takes a slow controlled class. I
think the people know what is going to happen, but good dogs all through the
winnersâ?? class.

Everyone is on their feet, and watching and now Kelly takes a last trip for
this class, perhaps. She sure has a good hand on her dog, and uses the whole
ring.  Even George with the 9-12 dog has a good one, and in a different  ring
on a different day, things could be different. On the other hand, maybe he
will win.

The Listerâ??s money has been turned in it made $635.00 and everyone had a
good time.

Jerry with the puppy, and he does cut the ring a bit.  And they stack  them
up.

Barbara looks them over with her hand on her cheek, and gives everyone a
good look.  She sets aside th puppies and takes the first three.  Kent  in
front
and now the crowd is wild, and he does a perfect job with Army and  Barbara
looks, and looks and looks and now, stops them. She gestures to Diane to  take
the front, and Kent tells Jeff to call and there they go with Army in  third. I
think everyone will get to go in front. Three times in this ring is  rough.
And, yes, now Terry in the lead. Some cheers, but wait to see what  Barbara
does.  They take a pass, and there are some long tongues hanging  out, and that
is the handlers.

They stand and Barbara tells them to stack them with Kent in front again,
and she goes over them each and touches the heads. She stands back and Terry
Brings his dog out and stacks him again, and she looks and she looks and she
moves back, and she looks again and she Points to Diane Brown in second
position, and that is it, WINNERâ??S DOG IS SHER-LOâ??S ROGUE OF  KARIZMA.   A
good one.

Now for Reserve.  Didnâ??t I say never to listen to me?

Leslie brings in the second place American Bred dog.  Reserve is Army.  Close
for my prediction.

More to come.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together