[ SHOWGSD-L ] One For Our Side!

  • From: "dlauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dlauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 04:12:30 GMT

A local news channel in Colorado Springs does a pet for adoption segment with
the Humane Society on Friday mornings.  This morning it was a Pit Bull.  The
gal from the Humane Society went into great detail about how this breed is used
by the less desirable segment of our society and how it has gotten a bad rap
over the years.
I was very pleased to see that they are putting the breed up for adoption and
not automatically euthanizing them.  They also seemed to be very knowledgeable
about the breed and strongly suggested obedience training.
Could very well have had to do with the recent publicity of the dogs that were
impounded for "scratching" those teens.  And the outrage about other
municipalities banning them.  They seem to have taken the opposite stand.
Dee Lauffer