[ SHOWGSD-L ] OT--WACKY WEATHER, mud and more...

  • From: CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 02:28:17 EDT

Well, today is April 16th and it is in the 30's and snowing.  In fact,  big
fluffy wet sticking flakes of snow, and I have over an inch right  now (1:30
AM--I am going to bed in a few min).  Whatever happened to  SPRING??  Of
course,
the dogs love it--they love to roll around in it--but  how I wish and pray
and dream that I could be in someplace like southern  California where the sun
shines and the sky is blue and the ground is NOT  MUD.  I am sooooooooo sick of
MUD.  How I LONG to get out of  here.  My dogs are mud. My kitchen is Mud.  I
have mud  everywhere.  My brain is even getting muddy.
maybe I should go to bed.  ;-(

What is up with our weather??  What has to happen to convince the
governments of the world that we are experiencing GLOBAL WARMING???
We ALL know the weather has been getting crazier for the past couple  years.
check out this site-
_Top  News- Far North Is 'Ground Zero' for Global Warming - AOL News_
(http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/far-north-is-ground-zero-for-global/200704151
45709990002)

"What about the problems in the Artic with the ice melting and the polar
bears dying??
The Inuit hunters are falling through thinning ice and dying. Dolphins are
being spotted for the first time. There's not enough snow to build igloos for
shelter during hunts.  "This is really ground zero for global warming,"  said
Will Steger, a 62-year-old Minnesotan who has been traveling the region for
43 years and has witnessed the impact of warming on the 155,000 indigenous
people of the Arctic.
When he was interviewed in early March, he and his  American and Inuit
colleagues were heading for the Clyde River, through the  highest polar bear
population in the world. It was still the height of winter in  the Arctic, but
the
temperature, 11 degrees Fahrenheit, was more typical of  spring.
He said hunters he meets on Baffin Island are describing to him  creatures
they have no words for in their language, Inuktitut - robins, finches  and
dolphins. He said they all tell him the same thing: Hunting on the thinning
sea
ice has become too dangerous.
"All of these villages have lost people on  the ice," Steger said. "When you
have a small village of 300 or 400 people,  losing three or four of their
senior hunters, it's a big loss." ........ "A lot  of the elders will no longer
go
out on the sea ice because their knowledge will  not work anymore. What
they've learned and passed on for 5,000 years is no  longer functional," Steger
said. "They can't build igloos anymore; everything is  just upside down up
here."

I thank God my dogs can handle just about all the different kinds of  weather
this planet can dish out--(well--most all) but some breeds are not so
blessed.

Then we have the problem with the honey bees who are disappearing--now it  is
all over the world.  Called "Colony Collapse Disorder"--(CCD) it occurs  when
a hive's inhabitants suddenly disappear, leaving only queens, eggs, and a
few immature workers.......the vanished bees are never found.....and the
parasites, wildlife and other bees that normally raid the honey and pollen left

behind when a colony dies, REFUSE TO GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE ABANDONED HIVES  !!!
The west coast of the USA has lost 60 % of its commercial bee  populations with
70% missing on the east coast.  Noone knows what is  happening or why--and
you may not care about the bees--but if you consider that  they are vitally
necessary for pollinating nearly ALL THE VEGETATION on this  planet--this COULD
present a SERIOUS problem with the food supply and  more.

We soon may not have to worry about handler fees and show expenses, panda
shepherds and Hunte, dog foods and Futurities--(and all that IS VERY important
to us) but about survival of not only our German Shepherd Dogs but  ourselves
and our planet!
Gives me cause to wonder just what is happening here on this precious  little
blue planet called EARTH.
Hmmmmmm

Cheri Hunt----Cheradon Shepherds
Home of Ch. Cheradon  AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes
Cert. and Certificate  of Health Merit Excellent from the GSDCA (aka Ch. Mikey)
_Ch.  Mikey_ (http://hometown.aol.com/cheradongsd/MS_PI/111603/page1.htm)
and his sister, Cameo --see her here: _Cameo's  site_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/CheradonGSD/MS_PI/091502/page1.htm)